While at Target after lunch today, I happened to notice that Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich was on clearance for ten bucks.
Given how much I enjoyed the original Freedom Force (it’s one of a handful of PC games that I’ve played all the way through), I simply could not pass it up.
Games I’ve Finished (in alphabetical order and probably not a complete list):
- Armed and Dangerous (Xbox) – A lot of fun. Love the shark gun. Way too short.
- Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance (Xbox) – Cooperative multiplayer rocks.
- Crimson Skies (PC) – Why is there no PC sequel to this game?
- Deus Ex (PC) – Excellent game. One of my all-time favorite first-person shooters, this game has a very cool skills customization mechanic.
- Dungeons & Dragons: Heroes (Xbox) – More cooperative multiplayer. I like these games.
- Freedom Force (PC) – Pseudo Golden Age Superheroes. Check. Cheesy narration and dialog. Check. Cool Powers. Check. Nazis. Check.
- Full Throttle (PC) – Back when adventure games didn’t suck.
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PC) – Technically, I completed 60% of the stuff there is to do in this game, but I played the main storyline through to its conclusion, so I’m counting it.
- Hunter The Reckoning (Xbox) – Zombies, vampires and werewolves, oh my! The biggest problem with this game was the camera angles.
- Jedi Academy (PC) – I haven’t finished Jedi Outcast, but I tore through this one in about a week.
- Return to Castle Wolfenstein (PC) – I admit it: I got bored with this game toward the end and turned on god mode to complete it. I loved the “infiltrate the base and steal the secret spy plane prototype” missions and hated the “oh shit, zombies!” missions.
Most of the Xbox games I’ve finished I’ve done so with the help of Miscellaneous G™ over the course of many Tuesday evenings.
Games I’m Terribly Close to Finishing:
- Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge (Xbox) – One of the best Xbox games I’ve ever played. I’m literally on the last mission, which has proven to be slightly beyond my skill to complete.
- HALO (Xbox) – Cooperative multiplayer first-person shooter! Two missions to go and maybe I’ll be able to justify purchasing HALO 2.
- Red Dead Revolver (Xbox) – Just one mission to go. As first-person shooters go, this one is just about my favorite on the Xbox. Great story, great setting, lots of fun.
- Rise of Nations (PC) – At last, a real-time simulation. I am one scenario away from complete dominance of the world! So why haven’t I played that scenario? Well, mostly because I don’t want to lose.
- Splinter Cell (PC) – I’m pretty sure I’m close to the end of this one. A great game with at least one excellent sequel (I haven’t tried the second sequel, Chaos Theory, yet). I haven’t fired this game up in a while. I wonder if my saved games are on a non-dead hard drive…
If I were a true nerd, I’d have all this information in a database…