Though my young apprentice is not yet entirely ready to emerge from his growth chamber, the time draws nigh. As is appropriate, certain preparations have begun.
- The room in which the young one will be housed has been made ready. A border — upon which is imprinted a pattern of stars, moons and suns to symbolize the entirety of the galaxy he will one day rule — has been applied to the walls, along with other, similarly-themed accoutrements. Likewise, the crib in which he will rest and dream of future glory has been assembled and appointed with such regalia as befits his station.
- The bassinet in which he will sleep during his early infancy has also been assembled and adorned with appropriately elegant and majestic trappings. I can take no credit for this.
- Tomorrow morning I will journey to the Willoughby Fire Department and consult with a “child safety seat expert” to ensure that the car seat is properly installed in the MVoD.
- A yellow folder has been readied; within are hospital admission documents.
- Also at the ready is a small overnight bag, prepared by Laura.
- I am creating a playlist on KJToonz entitled “Push ’em out, shove ’em out, waaaaaay out!” comprised of music that Laura finds soothing and relaxing.
- Dilation has begun.
He is coming. It is only a matter of time.