Weekend Wrap-up for 31 December 2005/01 January 2006

Happy New Year, everybody!

As you’ve probably guessed by now, we didn’t have an “accountant’s baby” over the weekend. In lieu of spending the New Year’s Weekend in the hospital with the breathing and the pushing and the epidural,  ((I think I’m going to get one of those “sympathy epidurals” when the time comes.)) we:

  • Watched Airplane! with the writer/director/producer commentary. That was kind of disappointing, to be honest. It’s a funny, funny movie, but the guys who created it are really rather dull.
  • Got the car seat installed in the MVoD. Fireman Joe was very helpful, offered us some nice tips, then installed the hell out of the car seat! Thanks Fireman Joe!
  • Celebrated New Year’s Eve with Laura’s family. As usual, there was enough food for about triple the number of people eating.
  • Celebrated New Year’s Day/Christmas ((I was initially under the impression that we were celebrating our belated Christmas on Saturday, but found out Saturday morning that it wouldn’t be until Sunday. It was like Santa Claus kicked me in the nuts.)) with Laura’s family. Same deal with the food, naturally. I scored AVP: Alien vs. Predator and The Incredibles on DVD, ran all the necessary Windows updates on my father-in-law’s computer, ((Scary stuff. He was thirty critical Microsoft security updates behind. Next time I stop by his house, I’m just going to turn on automatic updates.)) and “borrowed” his broadband connection to download OpenOffice.org. As the day drew to a close, we watched The Muppet Christmas Carol.

Broken Comment Links: Fixed.

If you tried to click on any of the comment links in the blog since yesterday afternoon, you probably got a “file not found” error. This was due to a change that was made when I activated hotlink protection (someone on MySpace.com was hotlinking one of my images and I thought I’d best put a stop to it). Instead of writing the rules myself, I let an automated widget do it for me. Well, the widget wiped out the rewrite rules that were used to make the WordPress “permalinks” work. Oops. I put the rules back in, and everything should be working now. Hopefully.