I haven’t done one of these in a while. Here’s what went on in and around the International House of Johnson this past weekend:
- I started cleaning my office on Saturday. Unlike previous efforts, I did take a “before” photo, which I will post along with the “after” photo when I eventually finish.
- After messing around with Firefox in Kubuntu for several hours, I finally got everything running properly, including the Foxmarks and Greasemonkey plug-ins.
- I watched Doctor Strange: The Sorcerer Supreme, the latest animated movie from Marvel Entertainment and Lionsgate. Though I wouldn’t necessarily call myself a Doctor Strange fan, I enjoyed the movie quite a lot. The concept of the ninja-magician doesn’t really hold to the classic Marvel version of Strange, but I liked it.
- I played a bit of No One Lives Forever 2: A Spy in H.A.R.M.’s Way Saturday night. I managed to escape the tornado-threatened trailer park in Akron and am now infiltrating the H.A.R.M. base in Calcutta; or would be, if I could get past the stinkin’ guards.
- Kyle and I watched Elmo’s Potty Time and Elmo in Grouchland: Sing and Play Sunday morning. I have to give Roscoe Orman (Gordon) a lot of credit for keeping a straight face when discussing the linguistic nuances of pee and poop with Elmo and Baby Bear.
- Laura, Kyle and I had an early dinner at The Cheesecake Factory on Sunday. I should not have ordered the appetizer, as I only ate half of my Cuban sandwich and my three-berry cheesecake is (if Laura knows what’s good for her) sitting in the fridge, uneaten.
- Wesley, Bob, Chris and I recorded another episode of Volcanicast Sunday night. We had a blast, but Wesley’s got a hell of an editing job ahead of him if he’s going to get the show down to 90 minutes.