I have been tagged by Jason Penney, and that makes me “it”, I suppose. To comply, I must do the following:
- Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
- Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself.
- Tag 7 people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs
- Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
I’m going to ignore rule number four, just because I don’t like leaving comments that aren’t related to posts.
Seven things, eh? Random and/or weird. Oh, I can handle that.
- FACT: I can cross my eyes independent of one another.
- FACT: The first compact disc I ever purchase was from a group named Holiday Ranch. I split the cost of the CD with my friend, Eric, because I didn’t own a CD player at the time. I have no idea where that disc is today.
- FACT: I created my first web page in the early 1990s while working as a “lab consultant” at the Center for Computer-Assisted Language Instruction at Michigan Technological University. The only content I can specifically recall was a scan of an Arlo and Janis comic strip. Yes, my first web page prominently featured copyright infringement.
- FACT: I am a founding member of the Benevolent Order of Scrimshankers.
- FACT: I do not like cold Swiss cheese.
- FACT: I once dreamed that I was being pursued by Darth Vader, who was driving a white van and intended to cut my legs off when he caught me; it has been at least twenty years since I had that dream, but I still remember it quite clearly.
- FACT: I have never seen any movies in the Godfather or Rocky series. I actively avoid the latter. There is no rational reason for this; I just do.
Now, to the tagging of others.
- Chris Miller. This one is a total cop out, as Jason already tagged him.
- The Bearded Goose.
- Greg Howley.
- Sam Chupp.
- The Cynical Optimist.
Rob over at UnSpace has been doing Friday’s Feast for as long as I’ve been reading his blog and this particular set of questions appealed to me for some reason. I generally shy away from this sort of thing but I’m going to make an exception for Friday’s Feast this week. Whether I participate in the future will depend entirely upon my whim.
Who is your favorite news anchor/reporter? Why?
I liked Peter Jennings for a lot of reasons, most of them silly. My wife had a crush on him. He was Canadian and I enjoyed picking up on the little accent cues. He had a combination of earthiness and earnestness that really endeared him to me.
Name 3 foods that are currently in your freezer.
I’m pretty sure there’s salmon in there, but I won’t be eating it. There are also steaks and boneless chicken breasts, which I will happily consume when the time comes.
If you were to have the opportunity to name a new town or city, what would you call it?
There are a lot of factors I would take into account when naming a city: Natural landmarks (Welcome to Big Phallic Rock, Population 11,215), Cultural Heritage (Perkele Hills, Est. 2007), Vanity (Welcome to Salanton, The Narcissism City), and of course, Star Wars (Mos Eisley, A Hive of Scum and Villainy Since 1977).
What will most likely be the next book you read?
Fool Moon by Jim Butcher.
What’s the first thing you notice about the opposite gender?
The first thing I notice? That they’re the opposite gender. Generally it’s the presence of breasts that clues me in to this distinction. Am I really so shallow? In that respect, I certainly am.